Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our engineering team. We are growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you are an engineering professional with a practical hands-on approach; that seeks out product development challenges from the ground up and wants to join an innovative and award-winning team, this may be the role for you.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
● We always do the right thing, right now.
● We work together to achieve success.
● We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do.
● We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you would be doing:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for Product Development encompassing a full range of activities from initial concept design, tooling development and manufacturing to ongoing quality improvement. You will work in a small, passionate company, with the freedom to use your creativity to have significant impact. The ideal candidate is a mechanical engineer who has demonstrated they work well in a team which includes engineering, marketing, and outside vendors.
Key responsibilities are defined below:
● Develop products throughout their lifecycle; from inception to design completion, development testing, lab testing, life testing, certification, release to production, technical support during the life of the product up the product End of Life.
● Assist with the development of quality standards and purchasing specifications. including test methods for products, services, and manufacturing and Quality Assurance processes.
● Completion of investigations in to new and existing technologies to maintain professional currency and develop new skills.
● Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
● Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Master’s, or equivalent experience
● 3 to 7 years’ experience in the design and development of new product
● Technical skill in Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics and/or Mechanical Design
● Skilled in technical research
● Project management experience
● Excellent attention to detail, problem identification and problem-solving skills
● Strong computer skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Desired Skills:
● Education or experience in Electrical or Process Engineering
● Experience with development of retail appliances and/or products.
● Design of experiments, development of testing procedures, FEMA, 3D Parametric Modeling and simulation analysis.
Competitive salary package inclusive of full benefits after 3 months.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to: Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer. COVID-19 UPDATE
Caframo Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo
Caframo’s top priority is protecting our employees, our customers, and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety protocols will be in place during the recruitment process.
Currently many of Caframo employees have been teleworking. This position will require remote work until such time as it is safe to return to the office.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.