Caframo has an opportunity for an experienced administrative professional to work with our President for a 6-month term. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to contribute to an organization with challenging yet rewarding work and positive work culture.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products, stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
• We always do the right thing, right now!
• We work together to achieve success!
• We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do!
• We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo!
What you would be doing:
Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for all executive administration, preparing the monthly meeting schedule and all related documentation, and assisting with business planning. This includes, but is not limited to transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing and transmitting data, and preparing communications; providing initial research on various topics; maintaining the President’s schedule and ensuring his time is used efficiently; planning; preparing agendas and attending meetings to take minutes. Attention to detail, maintaining confidentiality and the ability to work as part of a team working toward a common goal are essential in this role.
• Work with minimal supervision to complete routine administrative tasks;
• Prepare, publish, deploy and track all information and documentation related to the Caframo Business Planning;
• Provide administrative support to the Management Team and Corporate Committees by taking minutes, maintaining records and assisting with the production and communication of information and reports;
• Provide travel and corporate event planning (booking meeting rooms, hotels, flights, catering, etc.), as assigned;
• Prepare materials for meetings, training, values & vision and other activities as assigned;
• Provide personal assistance to the President, as required;
• Receive, track and administer charity requests and activities, as approved by the President and/or Human Resources Manager;
• Assist in the planning and execution of social and beneficial activities, benefits and events;
What you bring:
• Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Executive/Office Administration, Human Resources, Legal Secretarial, a similar or related field of study or equivalent experience;
• 3-5 years’ experience in a faced paced administrative support function preferred;
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate good time management, scheduling and organizational skills;
• Ability to type 60+ words per minute (wpm) and take detailed and accurate meeting minutes.
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Smart Draw;
• Superior communication skills including excellence in verbal presentation, written correspondence and complex report writing;
• Must be detail oriented and accurate with the ability to meet deadlines;
• Understands the importance of and has the ability to keep information confidential;
• Excellent problem-solving abilities;
• A positive attitude!
Submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Caframo Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo
Caframo’s top priority is protecting our employees, our customers, and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety protocols will be in place during the recruitment process.
Currently many of Caframo employees have been teleworking. This position will require remote work until such time as it is safe to return to the office.