Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) team. We are growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. You will play a key role in many aspects of the product development & implementation lifecycle, including web development, research, analysis, design, coding, and testing of our custom software. You will also deal effectively with all employees in the organization, both technical and non-technical staff as you provide outstanding technical support to the organization’s personal computer users.
If you want to join an innovative and highly skilled, problem solving team, this may be the role for you.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products, mixers and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We are continuing to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop, design and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoy’s Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
• We always do the right thing, right now.
• We work together to achieve success.
• We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do.
• We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
What you would be doing:
• Managing all aspects of web development including writing well designed, testable, efficient code and maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites
• Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
• Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• Creating and maintaining software documentation.
• Researching emerging technologies/industry trends and making recommendations to apply them.
• Supporting and facilitating the analysis of business processes to develop specifications for applications.
• Developing and documenting software solutions including extensions to existing systems, bridge applications between systems and complete applications.
• Designing, developing, testing and implementing applications / solutions based on the documentation and specifications provided by the business owner.
• Supporting the maintenance of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• Customize ERP functionality and reports for business groups and management.
• Supporting the maintenance of our in house EDI solution.
• Recommending, coordinating and assisting with ICT training to meet business needs for developed applications and new software.
• Supporting the ICT Team in completing core responsibilities to be productive, reliable, and secure.
What you can look forward to:
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health, Dental & Employee Family Assistance Program – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you bring:
• Experience and highly proficient in programming language C#, PowerShell
• Full stack development experience using .NET and .NET Core.
• Proficient with programming in web content management systems including Magento and WordPress.
• Experience coding in Visual Studio 2019 and cloud-based code repositories such as Microsoft DevOps and Git.
• Strong TSQL and Microsoft SQL Server skillset and experience with No-SQL database like MongoDB.
• Proven ability in writing reports in SSRS, Crystal, Excel, and Power BI.
• Proven ability to design, build, use and maintain RESTful APIs using .NET Core.
• Proven ability to configure application hosting environments in Linux and Windows systems.
• Experience working with Epicor or alternative ERP system and developing customizations.
• Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
• Proven ability in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phases of software development life cycle – SDLC)
• Software support for the end user base for a range of applications including ERP system and other productivity tools.
• Analyzing complex functions, procedures, and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions that meet the specified requirements.
• Familiarity with unit testing fundamentals and best practices.
• Communicate project/work status orally, written, or other as required.
• Diagnostic and analytical skills in trouble shooting software issues.
• Ability to track software bug reports, including performing root cause analyses and attempting bug fixes.
• Proven ability to be a continuous learner.
• Provides efficient and friendly customer technical support to all level of users.
• Experience in enterprise networking, security and disaster recovery Docker, system administration in a Windows environment is considered an asset
• Desire to learn, adapt and accept new challenges
Competitive salary package inclusive of full benefits after 3 months.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Caframo Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo
Caframo’s top priority is protecting our employees, our customers, and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety protocols will be in place during the recruitment process.
Currently many of Caframo employees have been teleworking. This position will require remote work until such time as it is safe to return to the office.