Are you fascinated by how products are made and do you enjoy working with your hands? If the answer is yes, then you should consider a production assembly career at Caframo.
Caframo is accepting resumes for future availability in seasonal contract and full-time positions in the role of Production Assembler/Senior Production Assembler. Successful applicants will be contacted and will be interviewed as positions become available.
Applicants must be reliable, team oriented, multi-task capable and have good problem-solving skills. Previous factory/production work experience is desirable and basic computer skills are a must.
- Bright, clean, safety-focused work environment.
- Free healthy snacks available daily.
- Air-conditioned production facility.
- Friendly, highly communicative work culture.
- Regular camaraderie events hosted by the Charity Committee and Social and Beneficial Committee.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company.
- Assemble product and sub-assemblies according to production work instructions, safety procedures and quality standards.
- Prepare line set-ups and conduct daily equipment checks.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently as per your Caframo approved training and capabilities.
- Participate in cross functional meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Log all activities and information into the production data capture system (Epicor – MES).
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and identify equipment for maintenance, as required.
- Complete first-off article inspections and document for quality assurance.
- Conduct product quality testing and identify non-conformance issues for follow-up.
- Support process improvement activities, quality re-work requirements and take pro-active steps to identify and address any assembly issues in production.
- Train for and maintain knowledge of one or more specialty areas or equipment operations. Including, but not limited to: Pad Printing, Calibration and testing, Molding machine operation, Laser Engraver operation and/or Fork Lift operator.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, and at least one of the following: One year of a post-secondary education program, completion of a production related training certificate, or 3-5 years manufacturing experience.
- 1 -2 years production or general manufacturing experience, or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to use handheld tools, handle small parts and assemble a finished product;
- Demonstrated physical ability to hold, lift, carry, push and pull items up to 40 lbs;
- Ability to read and understand English text and apply the written information presented;
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal instructions and ideas;
- Knowledge of basic computer operation and intermediate skill in working with windows based applications;
- Strong math skills with the ability to confidently add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in identifying, defining and communicating issues and problems;
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to learn and apply new concepts, skills, and techniques.
Anticipated End Date: Future Consideration
Shifts: Will include day, afternoon, and evening shifts
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.