Are you fascinated by how products are made and do you enjoy working with your hands? If the answer is yes, then you should consider a production assembly career at Caframo.
Caframo is accepting resumes for future availability in seasonal contract and full-time positions in the role of Production Assembler/Senior Production Assembler. Successful applicants will be contacted and will be interviewed as positions become available.
Applicants must be reliable, team oriented, multi-task capable and have good problem-solving skills. Previous factory/production work experience is desirable and basic computer skills are a must.
- Bright, clean, safety-focused work environment.
- Free healthy snacks available daily.
- Air-conditioned production facility.
- Friendly, highly communicative work culture.
- Regular camaraderie events hosted by the Charity Committee and Social and Beneficial Committee.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company.
- Assemble product and sub-assemblies according to production work instructions, safety procedures and quality standards.
- Prepare line set-ups and conduct daily equipment checks.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently as per your Caframo approved training and capabilities.
- Participate in cross functional meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Log all activities and information into the production data capture system (Epicor – MES).
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and identify equipment for maintenance, as required.
- Complete first-off article inspections and document for quality assurance.
- Conduct product quality testing and identify non-conformance issues for follow-up.
- Support process improvement activities, quality re-work requirements and take pro-active steps to identify and address any assembly issues in production.
- Train for and maintain knowledge of one or more specialty areas or equipment operations. Including, but not limited to: Pad Printing, Calibration and testing, Molding machine operation, Laser Engraver operation and/or Fork Lift operator.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, and at least one of the following: One year of a post-secondary education program, completion of a production related training certificate, or 3-5 years manufacturing experience.
- 1 -2 years production or general manufacturing experience, or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to use handheld tools, handle small parts and assemble a finished product;
- Demonstrated physical ability to hold, lift, carry, push and pull items up to 40 lbs;
- Ability to read and understand English text and apply the written information presented;
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal instructions and ideas;
- Knowledge of basic computer operation and intermediate skill in working with windows based applications;
- Strong math skills with the ability to confidently add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in identifying, defining and communicating issues and problems;
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to learn and apply new concepts, skills, and techniques.
Anticipated End Date: Future Consideration
Shifts: Will include day, afternoon, and evening shifts