Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Are you a nature enthusiast? We have two National Parks on our doorstep and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Caframo is looking for people who are excited about building products designed right here in Wiarton that ship to customers all over the world! We want to add, to our growing production team, positive people who are detail oriented, keen on quality and want to learn and do more.
This role is perfect for individuals with general labour, line/assembly, production, or warehouse experience and/or who have personal or professional experience with hand tools/power tools. However, Caframo provides full training for individuals with or without assembly experience.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
• We always do the right thing, right now.
• We work together to achieve success.
• We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do.
• We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
• Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health, Dental, Short-term & Long-term disability benefits, Life Insurance, Healthcare Spending Account & Employee Family Assistance Program – because we care about our employees and their families.
• RRSP Matching Program – 2% of your annual earnings.
• Shift Premiums – 5% for afternoon shifts and 10% for night shifts.
• 50% Reimbursement – safety shoes and prescription safety eyeglasses.
• Stipends – for back-up positions.
• Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
• Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
• Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
• Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
• Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
• Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
• Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you would be doing:
• Assemble products and sub-assemblies according to production work instructions, safety procedures and quality standards.
• Prepare line set-ups and conduct daily equipment checks.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently as per your Caframo approved training and capabilities.
• Participate in cross functional meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Log all activities and information into the production data capture system (Epicor – MES).
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area and identify equipment for maintenance, as required.
• Complete first-off article inspections and document for quality assurance.
• Conduct product quality testing and identify non-conformance issues for follow-up.
What you bring:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• One year of a post-secondary education program, completion of a production related training certificate is considered an asset.
• 1 -3 years production or general manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
• Demonstrated fine motor skills and ability to use handheld tools.
• Demonstrated physical ability to hold, lift, carry, push and pull items up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to read, understand and apply written instructions.
• Basic computer skills.
• A positive attitude!
Starting wage: $17.10/hour
Submit resume: https://www.caframo.com/careers/
Caframo Human Resources, email@example.com
Applications will be considered until the positions are filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo