We are looking for people who are excited about building products designed right here in Wiarton that ship to customers all over the world! We want to add, to our growing production team, positive people who are detail oriented, keen on quality and want to learn and do more.
This role is perfect for individuals with general labour, line/assembly, production, or warehouse experience and/or who have personal or professional experience with hand tools/power tools. However, Caframo provides full training for individuals with or without assembly experience.
Who Are We:
Caframo is a privately-owned Canadian manufacturer with a team of over 100 employees and an international presence. We are a world leader in the marine and thermoelectric markets and we continue to expand out presence in others.
Located along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs, Caframo’s corporate offices and production facility have been in operation since 1955. View the calming waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of living where you play!
At Caframo, our values are:
* Do the Right Thing * Build Strong Relationships * Be a Professional * Strive for Excellence *
What Would You Be Doing:
- Assemble products and sub-assemblies according to production work instructions, safety procedures and quality standards.
- Prepare line set-ups and conduct daily equipment checks.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently as per your Caframo approved training and capabilities.
- Participate in cross functional meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Log all activities and information into the production data capture system (Epicor – MES).
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and identify equipment for maintenance, as required.
- Complete first-off article inspections and document for quality assurance.
- Conduct product quality testing and identify non-conformance issues for follow-up.
What You Can Look Forward To:
- 100% Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
- Company RRSP Matching– up to 2% of your annual earnings.
- Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
- Continuous Improvement– we always look to our employees for ideas and opportunities for innovation and efficiency.
- Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
- The Beautiful Area – Enjoy two National Parks on your doorstep, turquoise Georgian Bay waters, and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
- Charity Committee, Celebratory Events & Recognition
- These are just some of the ways that Caframo gives back to our employees! Come and join the Caframily, we would love to have you on the team!
Starting Wage: $15.27
What You Have:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- One year of a post-secondary education program, completion of a production related training certificate is considered an asset.
- 1 -3 years production or general manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated fine motor skills and ability to use handheld tools.
- Demonstrated physical ability to hold, lift, carry, push and pull items up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read, understand and apply written instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- A positive attitude!
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo