Being a Caframo Product Development Engineer encompasses a full range of activities from initial concept design, tooling development, testing and manufacturing to ongoing quality improvement. You will work in a small, passionate company, with the freedom to exercise your creativity and drive for innovation.
The ideal candidate is a mechanical engineer with new product design experience applying skills in thermodynamics (heat transfer), fluid mechanics (airflow/blade design), and project experience working from design to in-house manufacturing. Within a structured product development process, they can translate features and specifications into product applications that meet end-user needs and requirements and have demonstrated that they work well in a multifunctional team. The idea of building prototypes and being hands-on is as exciting and appealing as research and theoretical design.
- Bright, clean, safety-focused work environment.
- Free healthy snacks available daily.
- Air-conditioned production facility.
- Friendly, highly communicative work culture.
- Regular events hosted by the Charity Committee and Social and Beneficial Committee.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company.
- Group Health and Dental and the option to join our RRSP matching program.
- Develop new products in accordance with Caframo’s processes including:
- Product Scoping: A preliminary investigation and primary product definition
- Building a Business Case: Analysis of customer base, competitor products, and product definitions.
- Design and Development: Investigation of alternative designs and prototype development.
- Testing and Validation: Design, conduct and review customer tests and production trials.
- Launch: Support Manufacturing and Market Launch plans your team helped design.
- Post-Launch support: Monitor and adjust based on feedback.
- Support products throughout their lifecycle.
- Work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Innovate products and invent patentable technology with customer need and environmental impact in mind.
- Collaborate with Production to develop assembly methods and work instructions for in-house manufacturing.
- Assist with the development of quality standards and purchasing specifications; including test methods for products, services, and processes.
- Maintain products throughout their lifecycle from release to production, ongoing technical support during the life of the product up the product retirement stage.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in the design and development of new products
- Technical skill in Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics and/or Mechanical Design
- Skilled in technical research
- Project management experience
- Excellent attention to detail, problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of computers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other – Desired Skills
- Education or experience in Electrical or Process Engineering an asset
- Experience with consumer appliance product development
- Test design, FEMA, 3D Parametric Modeling
Please submit applications to email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by January 20, 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you.