Reporting to the Controller, Inventory Costing and Control is responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the inventory system. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining the accuracy of inventory quantities, values and bill of materials; updating and verifying labour content and job time entries; and ensuring part descriptions are linked to engineer drawings.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the full inventory cycle from receiving to costing of inventory. Attention to detail; an inquisitive and fact finding nature; and the ability to work as part of a team working toward a common goal are essential in this role. Other required skills and knowledge for this position include:
- Set-up and maintain inventory warehouses and bin tracking in the ERP system.
- Adjust inventory quantities as needed.
- Review daily labour entries and process production/manufacturing records.
- Review supplier invoices with the corresponding freight, duty, brokerage and inspection provider invoices.
- Maintain, review and assess cost records.
- Monitor stock levels, job receipts, etc. to ensure the Material Burden rate is used correctly.
- Prepare and communicate monthly and annual inventory status reports for raw parts and finished goods.
- Plan, prepare, oversee and process the year-end inventory count.
- Perform cost roll ups for all parts, finished goods and subassemblies.
- Process change requests to part numbers, file drawing changes, revision data and methods of manufacture.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years experience in costing or inventory related role, manufacturing sector experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and experience with a fully integrated ERP system.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and job costing.
- Knowledge of variance analysis and reporting skills.
We will be reviewing candidates until the position if filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only.