Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Are you a nature enthusiast? We have two National Parks on our doorstep and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our engineering team. We are growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you are an engineering professional with a practical hands-on approach; that seeks out product development challenges from the ground up and wants to join an innovative and award-winning team, this may be the role for you.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products, mixers and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We are continuing to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop, design and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoy’s Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
• We always do the right thing, right now.
• We work together to achieve success.
• We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do.
• We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
What you would be doing:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, working as an intermediate/Senior Level Electronics Engineer; responsible for the design, development, validation, and maintenance of electrical and electronic components of new and existing products. Being a Caframo Product Development Engineer; encompasses a full range of activities from the initial concept through design, tooling development, testing and validation and manufacturing. This role also includes the ongoing quality improvement and life cycle maintenance. You will work for a small, passionate company, with the freedom to use your knowledge, skills and creativity to have a significant impact. You will become part of a close-knit engineering team; you must demonstrate an ability to work independently with the discipline to motivate yourself to set and achieve project goals.
• Project Management including the development of and the ongoing evaluation of progress against the plan, and risk manage to ensure new products are developed, designed, and launched in accordance with approved plans.
• Develop and design new products by working as a member of a collaborative team, including Marketing and other assigned resources.
• Design electronic hardware in accordance with IPC standards; including motor control drivers, PCB designing, and electronic protection.
• Ensure that sourced components have market availability throughout the product life cycle or if alternatives/substitute products are available.
• Prepare and communicate technical reports and present findings through the product development review process (Stage-Gate).
• Conduct project feasibility studies including timeline planning, estimated prototype/product cost, and generating an estimated bill of material.
• Design and specify tests to determine the degree to which products or components meet the desired performance requirements.
What you can look forward to:
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health, Dental & Employee Family Assistance Program – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering is an asset.
• 7 – 10 years’ experience in a product development environment.
• Expert knowledge of instrumentation and monitoring using embedded analog, digital, microcontroller and DC/DC converter designs.
• Proven experience in the development of switched mode power conversion devices including the selection of key standard and custom components such as transformers and inductors.
• Previous experience with Altium Designer required for PCB designing.
• Knowledge of IPC Standards to provide optimized and compliant Electronic designs.
• Ability to design various motor control topologies using new technologies and hardware components available in the market.
• Good understanding of UL, CSA and IEC/CENELEC standards based on application requirements.
• Practical experience in the application of digital communication busses & protocols: RS232, RS485, CAN bus, Modbus, SPI is considered an asset.
• Basic programming knowledge with C and C++ is considered an asset.
• Ability to debug firmware.
• Demonstrate the ability to write clear, concise, professional, and technical communications.
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Skilled in technical research.
• Project management experience.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Strong computer skills with intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to accept and provide constructive criticism from peers and mentors working as an individual and in a team environment.
• Desire to learn, adapt and accept new challenges in a product development and manufacturing environment with an outlook that challenges present opportunities.
• Professional Engineer status and experience with LabVIEW considered assets.
• Experience in Design is desirable and ability to see designs through from analysis to application.
• Ability to produce designs and schematics for compliance.
• Ability to test product components.
• Intermediate experience and knowledge with the use of engineering software (MATLAB Simulink, AutoCAD, PSPICE, PSIM, JMAG Designer, Altium Designer) is a plus.
• Ability to write basic software.
• Ability to manage Project Scheduling.
• Experience with PCB Simulation is considered an asset.
Competitive salary package inclusive of full benefits after 3 months.
Submit cover letter and resume attention Caframo HR by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo
Caframo’s top priority is protecting our employees, our customers, and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety protocols will be in place during the recruitment process.
Currently many of Caframo employees have been teleworking. This position will require remote work until such time as it is safe to return to the office.