Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Are you a nature enthusiast? We have two National Parks on our doorstep and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our HR team. We’re growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have a passion for human resources, recruiting, and health & safety, then this may be the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to join an organization with challenging yet rewarding work and be a part of a positive work culture.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
- We always do the right thing, right now!
- We work together to achieve success!
- We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do!
- We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo!
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you would be doing:
- Coordinate and maintain various programs, projects, and day-to-day human resources and health & safety functions.
- Coordinate and support health & safety activities and inspections.
- Oversee recruiting by conducting pre-employment screenings, interviews, pre-employment testing and post-interview references.
- Assist in the coordination of training events and training grant applications.
- Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation.
- Organize and coordinate various HR driven employee programs.
- Coordinate social and wellness programs and community events.
- Write job descriptions and support the performance development review process.
- Prepare, distribute, collect and file various administrative updates and legally required paperwork.
- Research material on various topics to enhance, revise and/or create Caframo policy.
What you bring:
- At least three (3) years experience as a human resources coordinator, administrator or generalist.
- A Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent education and experience.
- CHRP designation or pursuing CHRP designation.
- Possess a strong knowledge of human resources principles and best practices.
- Possess a professional knowledge of all legislation and legal requirements pertaining to HR functions (i.e. Ontario ESA, OHSA, WSIA, AODA, Human Rights Code, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Professionalism, empathy, and objectivity.
- An energetic and positive attitude!
Salary range for this position will be $41,600 to $55,744 per annum based on experience.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Caframo Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Caframo