Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Are you a nature enthusiast? We have two National Parks on our doorstep and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our management team. We are growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you are an engineering professional with a practical hands-on approach; that seeks out product development challenges from the ground up and wants to join an innovative and award-winning team, this may be the role for you.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
- We always do the right thing, right now.
- We work together to achieve success.
- We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do.
- We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you would be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the Engineering Team and managing engineering resources and projects to develop new and improved products for both consumer and laboratory markets. The Engineering Manager would be responsible for ensuring that new products are designed to high quality and ensure that the new product development process produces products that are compliant and safe.
Key responsibilities are defined below:
- Manage the staff you are responsible for by ensuring their health and safety, conducting on-going performance development reviews in accordance with Caframo’s performance development review process, ensuring that each person has an individual annual training and development plan, and developing and administering human resources policies and procedures.
- Be an active member of the Management team by developing strategy for your functional area, maintain a current knowledge of regulatory issues, maintain a current knowledge of industry standards and trends, develop quarterly and annual goals, and demonstrate leadership in following company policy and procedure.
- Collaboratively work with the product management group; design and develop new products and improvements to existing products by managing the engineering resources.
- Collaboratively work with Sales & Marketing to develop features, pricing, and end user requirements.
- Maximize design for manufacturing by consulting with Production. Consult with Supply Chain/Sourcing to optimize Bill of Materials (BOM) and product cost.
- Manage product development projects through to completion and ensure a successful hand over to the order fulfilment process.
- Oversee the progress of individual product development project, to ensure that all deliverables, milestones, and timelines are completed/achieved as planned.
- Monitor and coordinate schedules for development and product launch.
- Manage cost targets for NRE and unit costs.
- Manage the Engineering Change process to improve design of existing products for quality, manufacturability, cost, and features.
- Provide input and guidance with the development of quality standards including test methods for products, services, and processes.
- Ensure that all products and processes comply with CSA, UL, CE and other regulatory agency’s requirements.
- Identify and obtain government funding, tax credits, and other support for new product development.
What you bring:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in a product development environment;
- Ability to effectively manage a staff of 7-12 employees;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, professional and technical communications;
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in technical research;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Strong computer skills with intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Desire to learn, adapt and accept new challenges in a product development and manufacturing environment with an outlook that challenges present opportunities;
- Professional Engineer status considered an asset.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Caframo Human Resources, email@example.com
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo