Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Are you a nature enthusiast? We have two National Parks on our doorstep and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail.
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Caframo is looking for the best and the brightest to join our Accounting team. We’re growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have a passion for accounting, managing people, and financial analysis, then this may be the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to join an organization with challenging yet rewarding work and be a part of a positive work culture.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 100 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you live.
Our Core Values:
- We always do the right thing, right now!
- We work together to achieve success!
- We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do!
- We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo!
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What you would be doing:
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for leading a team in the provision of comprehensive, accurate and on time financial reporting.
- Direct the daily operations of the Accounting department to ensure data integrity.
- Mentor, guide and train the Accounting team to drive a high-level of performance by having monthly 1-1 meetings and ensuring they have the tools required to succeed.
- Support the performance management process throughout the year.
- Manage cash flows including forecasting, cash receipts, cash disbursements and monitor the bank accounts to ensure cash availability to meet current obligations.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing of all financial transactions and preparation of the financial statements
- Complete routine accounting tasks in accordance with Canadian GAAP and IFRS.
- Maintain the asset management module for Capital Assets/Deferred Development accounts.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations monthly.
- Review Accounts Payable cheque run requirements and make recommendations for payment.
- Prepare monthly reporting to meet bank covenants and government remittance submissions.
- Prepare supporting documentation for annual review / fiscal planning.
- Ensure segregation of duties and internal control requirements are respected.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested.
What you bring:
- A diploma/degree in accounting, commerce, finance, business administration or equivalent experience and completion of or pursuing CPA designation.
- 2-5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance department, manufacturing experience in combination with a diploma.
- Clear, concise communication style.
- Strong working knowledge of financial statement preparation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing efficiencies and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability related to documenting processes and preparing presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and escalate issues.
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with ERP/Epicor system is an asset.
- A positive attitude!
Salary range for this position will be $57,200.00 to $68,640.00 per annum based on experience.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to: Caframo Human Resources
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook; www.facebook.com/Caframo