Are you looking for more work life balance?
Do you want to work for a great company and be able to live in a spectacular natural environment, recognized as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve?
Enjoy two National Parks on your doorstep, turquoise Georgian Bay waters, and world class hiking on the Bruce Trail?
How about a commute where the traffic is measured by the number of turtles you see crossing the road?
Then Caframo has the opportunity for you!
Who Are We:
Caframo is a privately-owned Canadian manufacturer with a team of over 100 employees and an international presence. We are a world leader in the marine and thermoelectric markets and we continue to expand out presence in others.
Located along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs, Caframo’s corporate offices and production facility have been in operation since 1955. View the calming waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of living where you play!
At Caframo, our values are:
* Do the Right Thing * Build Strong Relationships * Be a Professional * Strive for Excellence*
Caframo is looking for the best and brightest to join our Accounting team and help take it to the next level. We’re growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have a passion for accounting, managing people and financial analysis, then this may be the role for you, and we’ll provide the tools you need for success. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that want to work for an organization with challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of and enjoyable work culture.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for leading a team in the provision of comprehensive, accurate and timely financial reporting. The accounting services provided by the team include all activities associated with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as well as process and control documentation, adherence and standard setting.
What Would You Be Doing:
- Direct the daily operations of the Accounting department to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure the month end financial statements are completed accurately and timely.
- Mentor, guide and train the Accounting team to drive a high-level of performance by having monthly 1-1 meetings and ensuring they have the tools required to succeed.
- Support the performance management process throughout the year.
- Manage cash flows including forecasting, cash receipts, cash disbursements and monitoring the bank accounts to ensure cash availability to meet current obligations.
- Support the development of the fiscal plan and the monthly analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing of all financial transactions.
- Ensure proper tax calculations for government remittances.
- Complete routine accounting tasks in accordance with Canadian GAAP and IFRS.
- Maintain the asset management module for Capital Assets/Deferred Development accounts.
- Process daily bank/cash flow process and oversee the preparation of the bank reconciliations monthly.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations monthly.
- Review Accounts Payable cheque run requirements and make recommendations for payment.
- Prepare monthly reporting to meet bank covenants.
- Prepare supporting documentation for annual review / auditors.
- Ensure segregation of duties and internal control requirements are respected.
- Reconcile other accounts as necessary.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested.
What You Can Look Forward To:
- 100% Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental – because we care about our employees and their families.
- Company RRSP Matching – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
- Training & Development – we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
- Continuous Improvement – we always look to our employees for ideas and opportunities for innovation and efficiency.
- Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
- The Beautiful Area – Grey and Bruce Counties offer an abundance of recreational opportunities! Don’t miss the dramatic waterfalls, picturesque sunsets and sandy beaches.
- Charity Committee, Celebratory Events & Recognition – an opportunity to get involved.
- These are just some of the ways that Caframo gives back to our employees!
Come and join the Caframily, we would love to have you on the team!
Starting Wage: $57,200 to 68,640 per annum
What You Have:
- A diploma/degree in accounting, commerce, finance, business administration or equivalent experience and completion of or pursuing CPA designation.
- 2-5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance department, manufacturing experience in combination with a diploma.
- Clear, concise communication style.
- Strong working knowledge of financial statement preparation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing efficiencies and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability related to documenting processes and preparing presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and escalate issues.
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with ERP/Epicor system is an asset.
- A positive attitude!
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo