Although not technically in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula (Wiarton), Caframo has been the orange roof visible across the bay for 60 years. In 1954 the Heidolph family purchased the old Colonial Portland Cement property and refurbished the buildings opening in September of 1955 what is known as Caframo today.
The founders were Hans Heidolph Sr., his son Hans Heidolph Jr and his son in law Dr. Rudolph Zinsser. In 1964, Hans Heidolph Jr. was appointed President. In 1994, Tony Solecki joined the company as General Manager, and in 1996 purchased the company.
60th celebrations were launched at the annual family picnic held August 26. Dignitaries, a special lunch and extra special kids activities marked our best ever picnic held on site on Georgian Bay.
Our celebrations will continue with a dinner charter on Saturday September 26 for all staff and spouses. We will tour flower pot island and have an opportunity to watch the sunset aboard the MS Chi-Cheemaun in beautiful Tobermory.
On October 3, we welcome the public to join us for cake and a tour of our facility at 501273 Grey Road 1. Watch the paper for Open House details.
Our over 80 employees are proud to be a part of this small Canadian manufacturing business in Bruce/Grey. We are an industry leader in laboratory stirrers, specialty fans, heaters and thermoelectric lighting. We are more than just a quality manufacturer; Caframo is a great place to work and here to stay.